One of the finest things regarding Android is the method you can modify core modules & adapt things to your liking. Keyboards are a big fraction of that, & certainly there is a profusion of huge ones to prefer from inside Google Play. Long-time Android fans are utilized to the nagging announcement in the status bar that assists you modify keyboards, but things have altered a spot in Lollipop.
- Strike Settings, scroll down to the Personal segment, then hit Language & input.
- Scroll down once more to the Keyboards & Input Methods caption for a list of the entire keyboards established on your Android device, with lively keyboard checked on the left.
- To switch keyboards, strike Default, then choose one of your established & active keyboards.
- You can also strike the button to the right of an established keyboard to tweak its settings. Strike the Settings button for Google Keyboard, for instance, then beat Appearance & layouts > Theme to modify the look & suffer of the stock Android keyboard.
- Your accessible options are completely dependent on the keyboard you’re utilizing—meaning, for case, the Google keyboard settings are totally dissimilar than those accessible for Swype (which, among further things, lets you modify the height of the keypad itself) & SwiftKey (which permits you to insert a dedicated row of digit keys).
- Installing a fresh third-party keyboard on your iPhone, iPad or Android tool is much easier than it sounds. Once you discover one you similar to in the Apple App Store or on the Google Play amass, just establish it as you would any app.
- For Android, your original third-party keypad will emerge in the Keyboards & Input Methods catalog. Confirm its checkbox is checked, then choose it by beating the Default keyboard setting.